November Smart Growth Forum
Thursday Nov 15, 4-7p
Topsham Public Library
25 Foreside Rd, Topsham, ME 04086
Towns and small cities in Maine face numerous challenges in redeveloping their commercial strips in an attractive, thoughtful, inclusive, and economically beneficial way. This forum will explore lessons from experiences in various communities relevant to participants, sharing different perspectives (board, developer, planner), and emphasizing how to maximize the potential for success. Join us to learn how towns can improve the appearance and functionality of their commercial corridors to bring in new residents, employees and activity.
- Randall Arendt – Landscape planner, site designer, author of Rural By Design: Planning for Town and Country, lecturer, and an advocate of “conservation planning”.
- Ethan Boxer-Macomber – Planner and Owner/Operator at Anew Development
- Karen Farber – Former Falmouth Town Councillor
- 4:00p Registration & Networking
- 4:15p Forum Presentations + Light Dinner
- 6:30p Audience discussion and Q&A with all presenters
- GrowSmart Maine & Maine Association of Planners Members: $10
- General Public: $20
- Current Students: $5
RSVP & Share the Facebook Event:
This forum supported by