Join us for informative and engaging discussions on topics that matter to communities.
2017 Forums & Events
When: Friday March 24 7:30a-12p
Where: Maple Hill Farm, 11 Inn Road, Hallowell ME
Join us to explore the future of Maine’s forestry resources and economy with a look at biofuels, new wood products, and community and economic development. Presenters include state leaders engaged in all elements of moving Maine’s forest economy forward.
Co-Hosted with E2 Tech.
. . . .
When: Wednesday April 12, 8:30-10:30a
Where: Maine Audubon, Gilsland Farm, 20 Gilsland Farm Rd, Falmouth, ME
An expert panel will discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with dam removal and river restoration from a conservation and municipal viewpoint. Learn practical information to bring back to your own community and hear success stories from around the state.
Co-Hosted with Maine Environmental Sustainability Network.
Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when registration opens for any of these great conversations!
GrowSmart Maine’s Forums and Tours provide an opportunity for exploration of projects, policies, and developments that highlight examples of smart growth in Maine. Attendees are treated to an in-depth discussion and presentations of practical tools and information in a comfortable, casual setting. Our Forums begin with light fare and networking, followed by a presentation of expert panelists showcasing varying perspectives, and conclude with a discussion.
- Sea Level Rise: Practical Tools & Community Implementation
- The Mill at Dover-Foxcroft Summer Tour and Cookout
- Public-Private Partnership: Passive House Workforce Housing – Brewer
- A Panorama on Portland’s Growth: Can Public Process Bridge the Gap?
- The Benefits of Street Trees
- 21st Century Transportation: Shared Vehicles, E-Bikes and their Implications for a Smart Growth Economy in Maine
- A Changing Climate: How Municipal Government Can Be Part of the Solution
- A Look Into Maine’s Renewable Energy
- Making Connections, Building Community
- Arts, Culture, and Economic Prosperity in Maine
- The Portland Company Forum
- Summit 2014 – The Dollars and $ense of Smart Growth!
- Thompson’s Point
- Brownfields: Albatross to Economic Driver
- Aging in Place: 8 to 80
- Using the Historic Preservation Tax Credit for Small Projects