‘Tis the season, in all that that means.
We know you have been inundated with solicitations the past two days from so many worthy causes, and will continue to be through the holiday season. Here at GrowSmart Maine, we also have a large effort planned for both an email and a social media campaign, but with a twist:
Given everyone’s challenges over the past two years, combined with email and Zoom exhaustion, and ongoing donor fatigue, we wanted to genuinely invite a *meaningful relationship* with GrowSmart Maine.
The driving forces behind this are two-fold:
- We understand that supporters and members are not ATMs, and we do not want you to feel like we are asking for a cash withdrawal every time you hear from us.
- While we must invest in marketing and fundraising, your prompt support allows us to focus more time, effort, and resources doing the work that best resonates with our mission – the work we are here to do:
Supporting a sustainable Maine, without losing its sense of place.
So what does that mean? We are asking you to get involved with GrowSmart Maine in the way that best fits your heart, and mind, and life, and bank account, whether it be:
- Renewing your membership or making a one time additional gift
- Actively supporting us on all social media platforms by liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts that matter to you. We are on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Joining us in person or virtually for future events, talks, and webinars.
- Give Smart to GrowSmart – make a recurring monthly donation of your choice to GrowSmart Maine
- Hosting a Community Forum or a Smartini
- Volunteering on a committee
- Shopping via Amazon Smile – if you are eyeing out some amazing deals for your online holiday shopping… Shop at smile.amazon.com. By making your regular purchases here, any time of year, AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to GrowSmart Maine. Elect GrowSmart Maine as your designated charity here
- Buying a reusable bag at Hannaford – With every purchase of a $2.50 reusable Community Bag and/or Fight Hunger Bag, $1 is donated to a local non-profit. When you purchase either bag that features the Giving Tag, you have the opportunity to direct the $1 donation to a local non-profit that is important to you. Submit your giving tag and choose GrowSmart Maine to receive your donation.
- Shopping local – live out the smart growth principle of creating and securing a strong sense of place, by shopping at locally owned businesses all this holiday season.
We’d love to hear other suggestions from you!
There are so many different ways to support GrowSmart Maine. What will yours be?
However you choose to support us, we thank you for helping us in “Keeping Maine … Maine”.