GrowSmart Maine Forums
WHEN: Thursday, November 17 | TIME: 6:30 p.m. | COST: Free | REGISTER Join the Portland Press Herald for a virtual panel discussion "Ballot initiatives: Power to the people?" Since 1911, Mainers have had the right to introduce ballot measures to change or create...
WHEN: November 10, 2022 | TIME: 4:30pm-6:00pm (ET) | FORMAT: Zoom/virtual COST: $25.00 (non-members). | REGISTER HERE | Members of GrowSmart Maine at $100 or more, REGISTER HERE* *Become a GrowSmart member today and attend all GrowSmart forums free during your...
WHEN: November 8, 2022 | TIME: 1:00pm-3:00pm (ET) | FORMAT: Zoom/virtual | COST: Free | RSVP FOR THE FORUM HERE. POLICY ACTION ROUNDUP Spend the afternoon of November 8, Election Day, with the Policy Action 2023 working groups, from 1:00-3:00 pm, for a virtual...
Build Maine and GrowSmart Maine are co-hosting a series of virtual crowdsourcing meetings from March through May to advance critical policies and projects that enhance Maine’s quality places, communities, and economy.
For more information about past forums listed below, please email GrowSmart Maine.
- September 22, 2022: Gubernatorial priorities: A chat with Charlie Colgan. Hosted by Portland Press Herald and sponsored by GrowSmart Maine. Maine’s most well-known policy analyst, a professor emeritus at the Muskie School of Public Service and senior fellow at the Center for the Blue Economy, weighs in on what the priorities should be for the winner of this year’s gubernatorial race. Watch on YouTube.
- June 7, 2022: Policy Matters: Women and Aging – A Crisis Unfolds hosted by Portland Press Herald and sponsored by GrowSmart Maine, Kennebec Savings Bank, and Bowdoin College. Watch on YouTube.
- May 27, 2022: Saving Money and the Planet: Climate Action at Home hosted by GrowSmart Maine and Maine Audubon. Watch on YouTube.
- May 19, 2022: A Millennial and a Boomer Walk into a Climate Meeting hosted by GrowSmart Maine and Maine Audubon. Watch on YouTube.
- May 12, 2022: Maine’s Climate Action Plan: Are We On Track? hosted by GrowSmart Maine and Maine Audubon. Watch on YouTube.
- April 7, 2022: The Gorham Spur: Spurring Growth without Spurring Sprawl hosted by GrowSmart Maine. Watch on YouTube.
- March 31, 2022: Policy Matters: Affordable Housing hosted by Portland Press Herald and sponsored by GrowSmart Maine, Bangor Savings Bank, and Bowdoin College. Read the article | Watch on YouTube | Learn more about Policy Matters
- February 3, 2022: Exploring the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act | Watch on YouTube
- Rethinking Commercial Strip Development to Strengthen Your Community
- July 28, 2021: Seersucker Smartinis held at The Portland Observatory, co-hosted with Greater Portland Landmarks, Portland Downtown
- June 6, 2021: Housing Choices for a Well-Rounded Community
- March 30, 2021: More Broadband, Less Sprawl with Judy East, Peggy Schaffer, Kendra Jo Grindle
- February 16, 2021: CEDS Session: Strategies in Smart Growth and How to Engage Your Community with Guest Speaker GrowSmart Maine’s Executive Director Nancy Smith
- Energy Efficiency/Weatherization Workshops Be Comfortable, Save Money from Energy Efficiency and You | Windham
- Open Streets: How to Hangout Again
- Rethinking Commercial Strip Development to Strengthen Your Community | Topsham
- Housing Choices for a Well-Rounded Community | Kennebunk
- Getting from Us & Them to We: A Conversation about Midcoast Maine | Belfast
- Rising Water: Adapting Maine Communities | Augusta
- Forum on Commercial Corridor Redevelopment | Falmouth
- Getting from Us & Them to We: A conversation about Midcoast Maine | Rockland
- Growing Farm Friendly Communities | Bowdoinham
- Growing Farm Friendly Communities | Windham
- The Case for Walkability: Health, Economic Development, and Sustainability | Bangor
- Developers’ Secrets to Small Projects: Tricks of the Trade to rehab Main St | Lewiston
- Reimagining our Rivers: Restoration & Dam Removal in Maine | Falmouth
- Maine’s New Forest Economy: Biobased Power, Products, and Fuels | Hallowell
- Sea Level Rise: Practical Tools & Community Implementation | Rockland
- The Mill at Dover-Foxcroft Summer Tour and Cookout | Dover-Foxcroft
- Public-Private Partnership: Passive House Workforce Housing | Brewer
- A Panorama on Portland’s Growth: Can Public Process Bridge the Gap? | Portland
- The Benefits of Street Trees
- 21st Century Transportation: Shared Vehicles, E-Bikes and their Implications for a Smart Growth Economy in Maine
- A Changing Climate: How Municipal Government Can Be Part of the Solution
- A Look Into Maine’s Renewable Energy
- Making Connections, Building Community
- Arts, Culture, and Economic Prosperity in Maine
- The Portland Company Forum
- Summit 2014 – The Dollars and $ense of Smart Growth!
- Thompson’s Point
- Brownfields: Albatross to Economic Driver
- Aging in Place: 8 to 80
- Using the Historic Preservation Tax Credit for Small Projects