Click here to visit the event page for all the details and registration at the March 26th Forum ‘Growing Farm Friendly Communities’
Here in Maine, everyone can support farmers and farms. Check out the list below for a few ideas!
- Read your local newspapers, printed or online. Find some exciting workshops you can be involved in (like our next forum!) that focus on farm education and food safety. Facebook is a great way to learn about events, too!
- Take this quiz to find out if your town is farm friendly and what steps you can take to make it more farm friendly.
- Stay up to date on local elections, ordinances that are being passed, and regulations on land that can be ever changing. Being involved in your town meetings is a great way to make sure you’re being completely informed. Learn more about the tools and policies available at our March 26th forum and by checking out MFT’s Municipal Policy Website.
- Encourage local farm workers and business to join in on the conversation of farm friendly communities. Shop at the farmers markets to meet them!
- Follow organizations on various social media platforms that focus on supporting local farms and community involvement.
Maine Farmland Trust
- Twitter- @Mainefarms
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/mainefarmlandtrust/
- Instagram- @foodcorps
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/FoodCorpsMaine/
- Twitter- @MOFGA
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/MaineOrganicFarmersAndGardenersAssociation/
- Twitter- @GrowSmartMaine
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/GrowSmartMaine